Thursday, May 26, 2011

Garnier Skin Naturals - Sun Control Daily Moisturizer

Hello everyone!! Today I bring another Garnier product review – this time it is Garnier skin naturals – Sun control daily moisturizer with Mexoryl SX + vitamin E. I don’t remember when I picked this one up but I have this one for quite sometime now.  After almost finishing this product I think it’s about time I review it. 


QUANTITY: 50 ml
PRICE: 155 rupees ( hell it was expensive!)

WHAT PRODUCT CLAIMS:
Its special formula blends a moisturizer with selected ingredients:
Formula with Mexoryl SX , a revolutionary patented molecule, to give protection from sun’s UV rays.
Vitamin E to help protect against free radicals and help delay the signs of ageing.
Glycerol and extracts of coriander to retain the skin’s moisture and prevent it from drying while nourishing. 


FACTS ABOUT MEXORYL-SX: ( From Wikipedia)
Ecamsule (USAN, trade name Mexoryl SX, INCI terephthalylidene dicamphor sulfonic acid) is an organic compound which is added to many sunscreens to filter out UVA rays. It is a benzylidene camphor derivative, many of which are known for their excellent photostability.
Although there are a few different UV absorbers with the trade name Mexoryl, only two of them are widely used where approved. Mexoryl SX (water soluble) and Mexoryl XL (INCI Drometrizole trisiloxane, oil soluble). Together they show a synergistic effect in protection. The patents are held by L'Oréal. Sunscreens containing ecamsule are exclusive to L'Oréal and its brands.

BENEFITS OF CORIANDER:



Coriander has eleven vital components in the form of essential oils, Vitamin A, Vitamin C along with important minerals like iron and phosphorus. Coriander when mixed with pinch of turmeric powder, it serves as a powerful remedy against blackheads and pimples. The antioxidant and anti-fungal proprieties of coriander are ideal for treating skin dryness, eczema and other skin disorders.



MY- TAKE ON THE PRODUCT: 




This cream comes in a small bottle with screw cap top. The cream is light orange in color and faintly smells somewhat like medicated cream. The smell is not overwhelming though – its fine. The consistency of the cream is also ok – not so runny which is good. I hate it when sunscreens precipitate at the mouth of the bottle.

 

I am scared of using Garnier products on my face so I was extra careful using this product. Most of the times I skipped using this cream for my face and applied it on my arms. Once in a while I did use this cream for my face but I took care that I don’t apply too much of this cream.  I found this cream to be quite OK. It is not that bad and not that good too.  It is good because it didn’t break me out whenever I used it on my face. The thing I didn’t like about it was it is greasy for a while when we apply it, it also takes a while for the cream to get absorbed into the skin. It does prevent tan so that’s a plus point there. Also glycerol prevents my skin from getting dry throughout the day which is also good. Another thing I dislike about this product is that after using this cream for days – the cream kinda gets precipitated at the mouth of the bottle which makes it messy. This cream is good for application on arms and legs – for face I will not recommend it because it makes my face oily after a while.  Also this cream has SPF – 15 only - which I guess will not prove to be too useful in hot humid weathers in Mumbai and other places.  


PLUS POINT:
Plus point of introducing coriander extracts in skin care product.

GOOD POINTS:
Protects from UVA +UVB rays.
Dermatogically tested.
Helps prevent skin darkening and premature ageing.
Vitamin E –delays signs of ageing and protect against free radicals.
Glycerol and coriander extract retain skin’s moisture and provides nourishment.
 Travel friendly, easy to carry around.

NOT SO GOOD POINTS:
 It is expensive for the quantity of product we are getting.
The cream gets precipitated at the mouth of the bottle.
Low SPF factor (SPF 15).
Takes time to get absorbed into the skin. 

Love it or chuck it ? :  I will definitely pass this one. I did not like the greasy feel. 

Have you used this product yet ? Did you like it ? 
 

6 comments:

  1. read ur review dear..u covered each nd every factor.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww...garnier products never suit me :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jinal - same here . . . none of their products work for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rids, The first skin care products I used on my skin were Garnier & they never have worked for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ uzma - garnier doesnt work for me either . . hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments ... share some love... leave a comment. . :)

share

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...